To our clients, colleagues, and community;
Throughout the developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of our community has remained paramount. In a prudent effort to meet our social responsibility to mitigate the spread of COVID- 19, SmartCell Communications has adopted new protocols and controls in our return to the workplace and opening of our retails locations to the public.
To action the lead of Public Health Authorities, SmartCell Communications has implemented additional practices and policies to ensure the safety of our staff, clients, and the community. If you choose to visit our stores you will certainly notice some changes.
Our risk management approach to COVID-19 in the workplace focuses on four key pillars:
- Clear communication – communicating our new protocols and procedures with staff and clients.
- Personal protective equipment – masks, antibacterial hand soap, hand sanitizer.
- Physical distancing – distancing protocols, engineered barriers, directional signage.
- Duration of exchange – eliminating or limiting prolonged periods of close contact*.
* Close contact is considered personal interactions that break the two-meter guidelines for physical distancing or contact in a confined space (boardroom) for prolonged periods of time. In these situations, the use of PPE (facemasks) is mandatory for both employees and clients.
SmartCell Communications has also increased its cleaning and disinfecting practices within our stores. This includes special treatment of workstations, high contact areas, and shared or common spaces.
VISITING OUR STORES
Clients are of course welcome to visit us in our stores. We encourage, in every possible instance that visitors schedule their visit to our stores. This allows us to manage and take the appropriate precautions for the number of individuals in our entrance, showroom, and meeting areas.
Additionally, visitors to our stores will:
- Wear mask while inside the building – if you do not have one, we can provide one to you.
- Register to our visitor log-book – in the event timely contact tracing is necessary.
Please understand that we are implementing these precautions to keep everyone healthy. Especially those visitors who are more vulnerable. So please have patience and help us keep everyone safe.
SmartCell Communications remains steadfast in its commitment to support Ontario during this time. We will continue to monitor the situation and update our practices and policies in accordance with recommendations and direction from public health officials as necessary.
Thank you for your understanding during this crucial time.
Stay well and take care,