You’re not alone. We’re here to help.
It’s now easier than ever to take control of your mental health. Meet with a counsellor right on your phone – and start feeling better today.
Need Emergency Care?
Crisis text line: 741-741
Suicide prevention Lifeline: 1-833-456-4566
You can Video chat with a counsellor
TELUS offers simple, direct access to caring mental health professionals.
How to Book a Video Appointment
Download the TELUS Health MyCare app and register your free account.
Click “Book appointment” and select a counsellor.
Schedule a video appointment. Sessions are $120 and 50 minutes in length, often covered by extended health insurance.
Here are some of the mental health issues our counsellors can help with
- Feeling nervous, restless or tense
- Excessive worry or ruminating thoughts
- Increased heart rate
- Rapid breathing
- Sleeplessness, feeling tired
- Difficulty focusing or feeling distracted
- Stomach Aches
- Feelings of sadness, emptiness, hopelessness
- Irritability or angry outbursts
- Sleep disturbance
- Loss of appetite
- Slowed thinking or trouble thinking
- Feeling worthless, fixating on things from the past
- Thoughts of suicide
- Unexplained physical aches and pains
- Trouble keeping a normal routine
- Feeling depressed or sad
- Feeling like life isn’t worth living
- Thoughts of self-harm
- Blaming self
- Emotional pain or feeling overwhelmed
- Disbelief or numbed feelings
- Muscle tension
- Body pain or stomach aches
- High blood pressure
- Trouble sleeping
- Racing thoughts, difficulty concentrating
- Feeling worry or overwhelmed
- Problems with memory or concentration, scattered thoughts
- Lack of motivation
- More than 10 standards drinks/week for women or 15 drinks for men
- Intense urges to use the substance
- Feelings of withdrawal
- Spending money you don’t have to get the substance
- Neglecting responsibilities
- Obsessive thinking about using the substance
- Risky behaviours
- Continued use despite consequences
- Failing to reduce or stop when a commitment is made to do so
- Restricting calories out of fear of gaining weight
- Periods of binge eating, sometimes also with purging
- Struggle to eat in front of others
- Rituals based around eating that are about control
- Losing or gaining weight rapidly
- Body dysmorphia
- Obsessive dieting
- Lack of adequate nutrition that can lead to stomach pain, cramps, or acid reflux
- Struggling to stay warm even when it is not cold out
You can learn more here.